Avignon (Pronunciation: a-vigil-on)
Definition: To be perpetually alert and watchful.
Avigilon Control Center, with High Definition Stream Management, is a network video management solution that delivers full situation awareness and indisputable detail, leading to faster response times, reduced investigation times and superior overall protection. Available as standalone software or pre-installed and configured on an Avigilon NVR, the Avigilon Control Center is a secure distributed network platform with enterprise- class reliability for capturing, managing and storing high-definition multi-megapixel surveillance video while efficiently managing bandwidth and storage.
The industry’s first high-resolution performance digital surveillance system comes from Avigilon. It comprises high-sensitivity cameras to capture images in real-time. This system transmits images on Gigabit Ethernet for ten times faster image streaming. It uses lossless compression techniques for image capture and recording, ensuring the highest quality images possible. Lower operating costs whiles improving customer service and response time to critical events. Consider the following immediate advantages:
Direct cost savings
- Guard labor
- Lower shrinkage
- Better customer service
- Lower operations or site maintenance costs
Faster, correct response to problems on site
- More effective response by emergency personnel in a true emergency
- Fewer accidents & false accident claims
- Effective identification and prosecution of criminals
- Lower employee turnover
The advances in IP (Internet Protocol) based digital surveillance over older analog systems are considerable. Advanced graphic mapping interface enables operators to layout cameras and servers on an imported map for easy navigation of large surveillance systems. Maps can be layered and nested allowing easy navigation through satellite maps, multi-story buildings and very large areas and interfaced with other systems such as access control.
IP video surveillance brings many new benefits and capabilities to video surveillance. These include everything from easier operation, less expensive installation and better image quality to automation and improved cost effectiveness. One of the most remarkable things about IP video surveillance is the intelligence of the cameras. Video analytics enables them to be programmed to recognize certain types of activities and issue alerts to security staff. What’s more, by installing or transitioning to IP video surveillance, hospitals, schools, public sector entities and colleges can all significantly improve their security operations and assure employees, patients, students, parents, teachers and tax payers that appropriate measures are in place to ensure their safety.
Direct cost savings due to less wiring
Cameras can be connected and powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE), a technology that enables power to be provided to a camera using the same cable used for network connection. PoE eliminates the need for power outlets at the camera locations and enables easier application of uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) to ensure 24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation.
Direct cost savings due to less maintenance
Far longer recording times
- Less cable to manage and upkeep.
- (PoE) offers less points of failure and decreases cable and power outlet usage
- Less moving parts due to pixel density offering software Pan, Tilt, Zoom(PTZ) while creating greater situational awareness maximizing evidentiary video.
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD) standardized on network server technology.
- Servers using RAID protect your data with recovery methods.
- Hot swappable drive options ensure lowest possible down time.
Far higher resolution
- A megapixel digital camera has 32-times the resolution of an average analog camera.
- Higher reliability and ease-of-use.
- Multiple cameras can use the same cable.
Changing camera placement is simple—just remove and plug into another network jack.
- Cameras can be placed almost anywhere using cost-efficient standard wireless technologies.
- Easier to expand system in the future.
- IP video surveillance systems scale easily from one to thousands of cameras in increments of a single camera.
- Full control of private or public web access.
- Live video can be accessed via desktop computer, laptop, PDA and even cellular phones Sophisticated software analytics provides automatic rule-based alerts
- Receive these alerts via email, txt, etc.
- Integration with other IT systems and services
Avigilon designs, manufactures and markets award-winning high definition (HD) surveillance systems. Avigilon designs, manufactures, and markets award-winning HD surveillance systems. The performance and value leader, Avigilon’s solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 60 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, the world’s first open HD Network Video Management Software platform, and megapixel cameras deliver full situational awareness and actionable image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, public venues, infrastructure, and manufacturing sites with security, safety validation, and compliance requirements all benefit from reduced investigation time and more successful investigations by immediately producing indisputable video evidence. Avigilon earned Frost & Sullivan’s HD Surveillance Company of the Year award in 2009 and the Frost & Sullivan Award for New Product Innovation in 2010.
To learn more and receive a demonstration or trial of this technology contact me anytime at email@example.com.