The goal of Priority Response is to work with local law enforcement to maximize the benefit of the new generation of enhanced video alarms. We request that law enforcement review dispatch priority levels and implement policy changes to reflect a higher priority response for alarms with video confirming the presence of an intruder than that assigned to standard alarms. Ideally, each Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) would:
- Create a special dispatch code for Enhanced Video Alarms with greater priority than standard alarms such as “Crime in Progress”.
- Create an email address that participating Central Stations can email the actual video clips of the intrusion for later review by the dispatcher, if desired.
- Alarm signal is transmitted to a central station.
- In addition to receiving the alarm signal, the operator views a video clip associated with the event.
- Operator confirms if an intruder is present.
- Based on video clip, operator provides a “confirmed” alarm dispatch for law enforcement to act upon.
- The Operator can forward the video clip to the PSAP for review.
- Typically this is done via email to a specified email address created by the PSAP.